Apparently Citizen X is running for office in 2012 as a republican. LOL

User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago.
Jackie Fiest
Number 727
Jackie Fiest's picture
Conspirator for: 13 years 32 weeks
Posted on: December 20, 2010 - 1:38am

I guess he'll be making that run for dog catcher after all!

http://www.examiner.com/wwe-in-national/wwe-champion-kane-may-have-polit...

...and they could have at least spelled his name right!

--
Jackie Fiest

User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago.
LysanderSpooner
Number 234
Conspirator for: 16 years 15 weeks
Posted on: December 20, 2010 - 9:22am #1

Jackie,

I read your comment on the website.   Small "l" libertarian is a political philosophy.  Capital "R" Republican, capital "D" Democrat, etc. are just political parties.  Kane can run as a libertarian Republican and not be violating any principle.  There are people who run as Libertarians who aren't even libertarians in my book.

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it

Learned Hand

In the past men created witches: now they create mental patients.
Thomas Szasz

Relinquish liberty for the purposes of defense in an emergency?
Why? It would seem that in an emergency, of all times, one needs
his greatest strength. So if liberty is strength and slavery is weakness,
liberty is a necessity rather than a luxury, and we can ill afford
to be without it—least of all during an emergency.

F.A. Harper

User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago.
Weedwacker
Number 746
Weedwacker's picture
Conspirator for: 13 years 21 weeks
Posted on: December 20, 2010 - 10:16am #2

It did say he had "Libertarian leanings."  So either the authors got it all wrong, or he's moderating to slide in under cover of mainstreamness.  

Which raises a question.  If one seeks and obtains an office where they will swear to uphold and defend a document that purports to authorize the use of force and violence to arbitrarily extract property from people within a given geographical area can they remain principled?

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

Frank Zappa

User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago.
mothyspace
Number 545
mothyspace's picture
Conspirator for: 15 years 9 weeks
Posted on: December 20, 2010 - 5:09pm #3

Citizen X is a refreshing intellect, whether you agree or disagree on the key points. I personally think it would be cool to have someone in the political ring slugging it out with the 'statists', regardless of what label is applied.

I think often times we get too hung up on labels, but thats just my view.

If he were to run in 2012, I'd certainly be getting my flight booked from Oz to USA of that there is no doubt!

Having said that if Ron Paul gets the nod in 2012, will probably come across the pond for that too! Would love to campaign 4 both of them on the off chance they get a shot at the big prize!!

I used to be the man. Until I decided to stick it to myself - mothyspace
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. – Edward R. Murrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1W0pP6A8BE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMuAuZ6DS8

User offline. Last seen 13 years 18 weeks ago.
Citizen X
Number 519
Citizen X's picture
Conspirator for: 15 years 15 weeks
Posted on: December 20, 2010 - 5:17pm #4

LOL, funny how the media creates stories without actually doing any research such as consulting with the subject about whom they are writing.  "Libertarian leanings????!!!"  Sheezzzz.

The great non sequitur committed by defenders of the State, including classical Aristotelian and Thomist philosophers, is to leap from the necessity of society to the necessity of the State.--Murray N. Rothbard

User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago.
mothyspace
Number 545
mothyspace's picture
Conspirator for: 15 years 9 weeks
Posted on: December 20, 2010 - 10:18pm #5

Citizen X wrote:

LOL, funny how the media creates stories without actually doing any research such as consulting with the subject about whom they are writing.  "Libertarian leanings????!!!"  Sheezzzz.

haha. Surely the news wouldn't peddle rumour and innuendo! *oh hang on*

User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago.
Jackie Fiest
Number 727
Jackie Fiest's picture
Conspirator for: 13 years 32 weeks
Posted on: December 21, 2010 - 12:21am #6

LysanderSpooner wrote:

Jackie,

I read your comment on the website.   Small "l" libertarian is a political philosophy.  Capital "R" Republican, capital "D" Democrat, etc. are just political parties.  Kane can run as a libertarian Republican and not be violating any principle.  There are people who run as Libertarians who aren't even libertarians in my book.

It's not my intention to speak for Glenn, but while it's unlikely he's going to run for office anytime soon, the day he runs for office as an R or D is the day I will be very surprised.  The ideas of liberty are almost an obsession to this guy and the ideals held by those two parties just don't match up. My guess is the person who wrote that article just assumed that if he would run for office it would be as a Republican because Ron Paul did.

As a matter of fact, during his last interview with Ernest Hancock, X said he was planning on being with the WWE for the forseeable future. The chances that anyone could maintain that kind of a traveling schedule and have time to campaign and hold any office are impossible, even for him. I have to agree this person did no prep. That interview is available on youtube. All they had to do is look for it.

Weedwacker wrote:

It did say he had "Libertarian leanings." So either the authors got it all wrong, or he's moderating to slide in under cover of mainstreamness.

I don't think that'd be necessary. If he were to run for office, Glenn would be one of the few politicans that would have enough fans outside of politics to get millions of votes by people who would vote for him regardless of his positions, right or wrong.

Citizen X wrote:

LOL, funny how the media creates stories without actually doing any research such as consulting with the subject about whom they are writing. "Libertarian leanings????!!!" Sheezzzz.

Yea, I'm afraid you just don't push the envelope far enough Glenn. lol Not even JR naming you the "worlds most evil libertarain" can help. Your pro-liberty podcast, pro-liberty blog and speeches at pro-liberty events like the Liberty Forum just don't scream "passionate libertarian" as much as they do...republican.