City council spends £4000 on a Xmas tree for its office

User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago.
Sophia
Number 741
Conspirator for: 13 years 24 weeks
Posted on: December 17, 2010 - 10:45pm

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/City-Council-spends-163-4-000-Chr...

Now if that wasn't bad enough I saw a TV report last night claiming that the one in the city centre cost nearly 10 grand

I mean local councils supposedly are going to have to cut back on services to the most vulnerable in society & yet they can splash the cash ehen it comes to Xmas decor.

Where's the sick bag i need to puke.

User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago.
Weedwacker
Number 746
Weedwacker's picture
Conspirator for: 13 years 20 weeks
Posted on: December 18, 2010 - 1:32am #1

I wonder if it would be OK for me to rob my neighbor at gunpoint as long as I go out and use the money to buy a Xmas tree for my office with it.  I mean after all other people that stop by will enjoy it.  He can even come by and see it if he wants.

After all that's what the spirit of the Yuletide is all about isn't it?

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

Frank Zappa

User offline. Last seen 11 years 9 weeks ago.
ViktoriaS
Number 807
Conspirator for: 12 years 24 weeks
Posted on: May 30, 2012 - 7:30am #2

Another piece of world class investigative journalism from NEP. Is this going to happen every time the council spends money on a presentation, new curtains, soft toilet paper or free coffee in meetings? In the office where I work, if we want a Christmas tree then we have to put our hands in our own pckets and not expect the already overburdened tax payer to stump up! Comon guys it is time to sit up and take note of public opinion if you want to stay in office. I have nothing against this as an idea and we should celebrate Christmas but why not use the £5000 paid for the tree to buy the childrens' gifts directly? Are they likely to raise more advances on wageday than that by donations? Also, couldn't the corporate directors and the Chief Executive pay for a main tree out of their inflated salaries?