Dallas Police Mistakenly Send 123 Bags of Illegal Drugs to Store

User offline. Last seen 10 years 36 weeks ago.
Number 5150
Number 100
Conspirator for: 16 years 47 weeks
Posted on: March 17, 2010 - 8:52am

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/DN-drugsfound_17met.ART.State.Edition1.4ba5782.html

Not exactly what they mean by "over the counter."

Dallas Police Mistakenly Send 123 Bags of Illegal Drugs to Store

At the Dallas CityStore, customers can find affordable furniture, bikes, electronics and other merchandise from the police property room and other city departments.

But a city employee was recently surprised to stumble upon a different product: 123 bags of illegal drugs mistakenly shipped over in a file cabinet by the Dallas Police Department Property Unit.

"It was a terrible oversight," said Sgt. Warren Mitchell, a department spokesman. "We're going to see where we went wrong and try to fix that problem."

The discovery last week came before the cabinet was moved from a back storage room of the store at 3131 Irving Blvd. Police say the public never came in contact with the heroin, cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamine.

- Stephen M. Smith

User offline. Last seen 9 years 20 weeks ago.
FUR3jr
Number 468
FUR3jr's picture
Conspirator for: 15 years 28 weeks
Posted on: March 18, 2010 - 9:37pm #1

I read your tweet about this Stephen, and I was shocked.  What an amazing story.  It's scary that they cops can't even take care of a filing cabinet without incident.

User offline. Last seen 10 years 36 weeks ago.
Number 5150
Number 100
Conspirator for: 16 years 47 weeks
Posted on: March 18, 2010 - 9:52pm #2

The Dallas police have also suffered a rash of break-ins lately.  About six unmarked police cars were broken into a few months back, and the thieves took weapons and body armor.  I'm sure Dallas residents feel much safer with this crack squad to protect them.