RALLY IN SUPPORT OF HCR6 03/04/09

User offline. Last seen 14 years 33 weeks ago.
Number 91
Number 241
Number 91's picture
Conspirator for: 16 years 17 weeks
Posted on: February 27, 2009 - 11:21am

Rally in support of HCR6

Start: 2009-03-04 08:00
Timezone: Etc/GMT-5

WHAT: Rally in support of HCR6
WHEN: 8:00 AM, Wednesday, March 4th
WHERE: NH State House, 107 N Main St., Concord [ Map ]
WHY: The Federal government has gone far enough.
We need to draw a line in the sand. If there is further egregious, serious disrespect of the US Constitution by the Federal government, then New Hampshire must reclaim its sovereignty.
For those that remember it, this is a replay of the resistance against the bills to get NH out of Real-ID. That is unacceptable. Fortunately, we have a playbook. We know what it takes to move this forward: MASSIVE PUBLIC SUPPORT!

If you need to call in sick to work in order to be at the Capitol at 8AM Wednesday March 4th, then you call in sick to work.

ACTION ITEMS BEFORE THE RALLY:
(yes, you really need to do all these things! It will take less than 5 minutes)
1. Email or call your State Reps. Simply, courteously, ask them to support HCR6 when it comes to a vote. Their contact info is here
2. Contact the Speaker of the House, Terie Norelli,  terie.norelli@leg.state.nh.us or  (603) 271-3661 and ask her to support HCR6 when it comes to the full legislature for a vote
3. Contact all our delegation to the Federal government. Tell them you demand that they support HCR6! Be bold with them, they need a wake-up call!

4. Pass this info along to everyone you know

For those on Facebook, there is an event set up thereon. Click here, and then invite everyone you know!

Andrew
Number 520
Conspirator for: 15 years 18 weeks
Posted on: February 27, 2009 - 12:53pm #1

I'll be going! Who else from the conspiracy is going?

Number 91
Number 241
Number 91's picture
Posted on: February 28, 2009 - 10:17pm #2

This is the only reponse I have recieved from my district 10 reps.  All Dems.

Dear Brendan Frazier -
Thank you for writing about HCR 6. I've studied the resolution, agree with most but not all of it. Particularly I do not believe that a federal infraction of the constitution does, or should, nullify the constitution. In addition I am baffled by the meaning of one of the acts it suggests would cause nullification. What is the meaning of "IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation of foreign government."?

I will not support HCR 6, but I do appreciated the concerns that have led you to support it.

Chuck Townsend
Grafton Dist. 10
Canaan, NH

Committee on Science, Technology & Energy

Number 91
Number 241
Number 91's picture
Posted on: February 28, 2009 - 10:32pm #3

Apparently He believes in what the resolution says unless there is an actual point to it.  I  mean we wouldn't want it to mean anything more than some more worthless words on a paper would we?  Also apparently he gets why the concept that the Federal Government thinking it can do what it wants would make us mad, but can't figure out why we would have a problem being controlled by a corporation or foriegn government.

I'm so glad that the area I live in is so small, some day I'll get to tell him off to his face.

By the way I'll be there on Wednesday.  Trying to get as many as I can.

User offline. Last seen 14 years 34 weeks ago.
Andrew Slominski
Number 489
Andrew Slominski's picture
Conspirator for: 15 years 26 weeks
Posted on: February 28, 2009 - 11:32pm #4

Woah that's awesome guys. Put the pressure on them for this one!